Youth at Heart employ two Congenital Heart Disease Health Youth Workers who support young people aged 13-24, and their families, living with Congenital Heart Disease. Working in partnership with the South Wales and South West CHD Network.
Hello! I am Xander, the Senior CHD Health Youth Worker.
I have been in my job now for about 4 years, supporting young people 13-24, and their families, living with CHD across South West England and South Wales.
I have learnt a lot in my time with the charity and the clinical teams and am still learning every day!
Hi! I am Imogen, the second Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) Health Youth Worker, working alongside Xander.
I empower young people to become the best version of themselves. I will be working from the hospital and out and about to provide advocacy for young people in managing their health condition. Get in touch, or catch me around the hospital.
We both work for Youth at Heart, a small charity that is independent from the NHS and hold honorary contracts with University Hospitals Bristol & Weston NHS Foundation Trust.
What do we do?
- Work in and around the hospital with inpatients and outpatients.
- Support with Transition and Transfer from Children’s to Adult Services
- Signposting to specialist services
- Emotional support
- Raising awareness of the charity and CHD
- Support for young people who are preparing for surgery/procedure
- Education, employment, finance and housing
- Lifestyle support
- Someone to talk to or to listen
- Mental health issues, anxieties and low mood
How to contact Xander:
How to contact Imogen:
How to contact Youth at Heart:
Follow Youth at Heart on: