Each year, the Network develops an annual plan. This document outlines the Network's aims and objectives for the forthcoming year, and it includes our work plan. Put simply, a work plan is our 'to do list' of projects and activities.
Some key pieces of work include:
- To oversee the delivery of any outstanding actions following the Independent Review of Cardiac Services at the Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
- To use self-assessment data from our hospitals to drive service improvements, particularly in the areas where the biggest impacts can be made (such as transition, psychology, information and support)
- Developing clinical guidelines and protocols for our professionals across the Network
- To monitor waiting times for patients
- To promote shared learning through risk management, incident management and audit
- To improve rates of detection in fetal care
- To improve access to psychology support for patients
- Working with and supporting relevant patient support groups and charity partners
- Building a Network website
- Delivering training and education to our workforce
- Developing a programme of research across the Network
- Escalating any areas of concern to commissioners and working with them to address these
You can read the full version of the 2018-19 plan here.