Welcome to our training and education page. Here you will find information about forthcoming training events run by the network or hospitals within the network, as well as events run by other organisations that may be of interest.
Our training and education strategy is available here.
2020 Network events
- Fetal Cardiology Webinar Series - pre-recorded films available from August 2020. Programme and registration details.
- 18th Adult Congenital Heart Disease Study Day, Bristol, 14th October 2020. Save the date. Programme. Booking form
- Paediatric CHD Study Day for Ward and Community Nurses, Bristol - this event is being postponed to 2021 - more details to follow.
2020 Other events
- Introduction to Congenital Heart Disease event, London, 6th - 10th July 2020. Save the date. For more information, click here.
- 12th Advanced Symposium in ACHD, London, 21-22nd September 2020. For more information, click here.
- Scottish Obstetric Cardiology Network Conference, 2nd October 2020. Save the date.
- Neonatal Cardiology and Haemodynamics Conference, 12th - 13th October 2020 (virtual). For more information and registration, click here.
- BCCA Annual Meeting 2020, ICC Birmingham, 11-12th November 2020 *This event has been cancelled*
2021 Network events
- Network Psychology Event, 2nd February 2021 - more details to follow soon.
2021 Other events
- BCCA Annual Meeting 2021, ICC Birmingham, 1st - 2nd November 2021.
Presentations from the Network Psychology Event, February 2020
- Welcome and overview of the service - Dr Vanessa Garratt
- Introduction to the CHD Network - Cat McElvaney
- Overview of the common congenital heart conditions - Sheena Vernon
- Overview of the adult congenital heart disease psychology service - Dr Michelle O'Keeffe
- Overview of the paediatric congenital heart disease psychology service - Dr Josie Steele
- Introducting the cardiac youth worker service - Xander Cooke
- Preparing for cardiac surgery - Dr Michelle O'Keeffe
- Working with a regional centre from Taunton - Dr Kat Peckitt
- Case study: health anxiety in the context of a cardiac condition - Dr Michelle O'Keeffe
- Working with trauma in PICU - Dr Maria Clare
Presentations from the 17th Adult Congenital Heart Disease Study Day 2019
- Overview of the 8 common lesions - Sheena Vernon
- Anaesthsia in ACHD - Dr Amit Ranjan
- Fontan in pregnancy - Dr Stephanie Curtis
- Life threatening arrhythmias in Fontan patients - Dr Graham Stuart
- ACHD interactive case studies - Caryl Evans
- Surgery of single ventricles - Mr Andrew Parry
Presentations from the Paediatricians with Expertise in Cardiology day 2019
Presentations from the Paediatricians with Expertise in Cardiology Day 2018
- Arrhythmia recognition and treatment Dr Reza Ashrafi 2018
- Cardiac EOL teaching Dr Charlotte Mellor 2018
- Cardiac MRI for PECSIG 2018 Dr M Yeong
- Cardiac Surgery Common Procedures Dr F. Papadopoulou 2018
- Hypertension Dr Martin Mraz 2018
- Transition to the adult services Sheena Vernon and Ann Jermyn RGN Dec 2018
- The Assessment of Ventricular Function Owen Burgess 2018
Presentations from The 15th Adult Congenital Heart Disease Study Day 2017
- Arrhythmia Treatment and Sudden Cardiac Death Dr Stuart 2017
- Fallot Tetralogy in Pregnancy Dr Curtis 2017
- Fallots Tetralogy Surgical Procedures Mr Serban Stoica 2017
- Heart Failure in ACHD Caryl Evans RGN 2017
- Overview of Adult Congenital heart Disease Sheena Vernon RGN 2017
- Pulmonary Hypertension in ACHD Dr Ellen Leusveld 2017
- Psychology in ACHD Dr Michelle O'Keeffe 2017
Other Useful Presentations:
- Paediatric Intensive care Quiz
- Paediatric Clinics of North America
- Adolescent Resource Newsletter January 2019
- E-Textbook for Echocardiography in Congenital Heart Diseases
- Paediatric Cardiology podcasts
- Geggel's Congenital Heart Disease Library
- Paediatric Cardiac videos - 14th DHZB Lange Symposium
- Congenital Heart Disease on NICU
- Info Flash
- GUCH Study Pack
- Guch Study Pack Answer Pack
- ACHD videos - 28th International Symposium on ACHD
If you would like to publicise an event on our website, please email: Sheena.Vernon@uhbw.nhs.uk